Real Estate
Cars

Rent

Paying the Rent in Advance

Jay Romano The New York Times 29.06.2009

Espada's Switch Imperils Pro-Tenant Rent Law Changes

NICHOLAS CONFESSORE The New York Times 17.06.2009
Paying the Rent in Advance

Q : I am applying for a one-year lease for a three-bedroom apartment in Midtown that I will share with roommates. I would like to pay one year’s rent upfront (for my share of the apartment, not for the entire apartment). Is there an incentive for one tenant on a lease to pay one year’s rent in advance? Would I be able to use this tactic to lower the rent, waive the security deposit, or negotiate one month or more free?

Espada's Switch Imperils Pro-Tenant Rent Law Changes

ALBANY—State Senator Pedro Espada, Jr. handed a significant victory to New York Republicans when he abandoned the Democratic caucus last Monday and threw the Senate back into Republican control.

India's commercial market will again become landlord driven

The office sector in India has entered into the "rents falling" quadrant with the downturn phase expected to last 12 months to 18 months, according to a real estate consulting firm.

London Homes Offer UK’s Worst Rental Prospects, Survey Shows

London’s rental home market was the worst regional performer in the U.K. for the three months ended Jan. 31 as a record number of properties were up for lease, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors said.

Now, rental dip threatens sales

Ranjani Raghavan ExpressIndia 06.03.2009
Now, rental dip threatens sales

Pune With almost no deals happening in the residential property segment and new commercial properties coming into the market, the city rental segment has witnessed a downturn. This has put further pressure on the sales, making it a vicious cycle.

Raif Cabbabe said his property agent thought he was crazy to offer only HK$20,000 ($2,600) a month for a two-room apartment in Hong Kong’s trendy Soho district. The flat went on the market two months earlier for HK$45,000.

Manhattan for Rent

Cecily Hall WWD 13.06.2008

Manhattan for Rent

New York's top retail corridors ranked by their changes in average asking rents per square foot.

Disclaimer: The information presented and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of Estates Report and/or its partners.